A great client of ours is seeking numerous certified Medical Lab Technologist / Scientist for a 4 month contract to hire role in North Austin.
•Verify the proper specimen being analyzed and perform tests that need to be completed
• Proficient at analyzing clinical laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures in an efficient manner with little to no errors
• Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of methods performed in the lab
• Provides general oversight of personnel and the daily operations in the lab.
• Meet expected performance metrics within role as applicable.
• Follows GLP (good laboratory practice): maintain clean and organized workspace
• Completes training and other deadlines on time.
• Provide guidance for new Clinical Laboratory Operator and/or Medical Laboratory Scientists.
• Train on specialized instructions for instruments/protocols (super users)
• Recognizes and escalates equipment malfunctions; troubleshoots common analytical and processing errors according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedure
• Recognizes, documents, and escalates protocol deviations in lab to lead/supervisor
• Assists with documentation for nonconformance reports.
• Participates in the updating of departmental standard operating procedures and database to accurately reflect the current practices.
• Conducts independent continuous improvement projects
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory agency requirements through proper documentation (example maintenance logs, bench worksheet)
• Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data (if applicable)
• Maintains equipment and instruments in good operating condition (such as calibration and expiration date)
• Maintain inventory of material, supplies and equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
• Communicates with team and other departments on various platforms (including via e-mail)
• Provides feedback on day-to-day schedule and tasks to lead/supervisor; offers suggestions/ideas for improvement
• Assists teammates in completing daily tasks and facilitate workflow as needed
• Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner; acts as a role model/mentor to others
• Adheres to Departmental Expectations
• This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
• Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
• Must maintain a current status on training requirements.
• Employee must pass post-offer criminal background check.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 1-2 years of experience as a Medical Technologist or equivalent in a clinical laboratory environment.
• BS/BA degree (or equivalent) in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences, or a related field
• Current MT or MLS or CLS or CG certification from an accredited organization such as ASCP, AMT, or AABB or similar.
Must be able to work one of the following shifts:
Available shift: All shifts are available
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, troubleshooting, and pipetting skills.
• Experience in Molecular Biology preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Word processing and data management skills.
• Ability to work well in a group
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Duties typically performed in BSL-1 to 2 laboratories with potentially hazardous material
• Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
• Duties may require working weekends and overtime
• Must be able to lift boxes or supplies up to 35lbs
• Duties require wearing safety goggles, gloves, and laboratory coat.
• Duties require exposure to cold air due to frequent accessing of refrigeration and/or freezer units.